Tuesday, December 18, 2007

2007 in Music.

Top ten list time again. 2007 was a year that I spent a lot of time on the road in the car. Of course, I spent most of that time listening to talk radio. But I did listen to some good music this year. A lot of what I got this year was bootlegs from other years, and such, and I didn't actually buy a single album for myself. The only CDs I bought this year were "High School Musical 2", Hannah Montana's second album, and The Jonas Brothers' CD (all for the 5-year old, though I can't say I don't enjoy some of her music.)

I've had a hard time trying to come up with ten albums that I liked this year, so instead, here's ten songs/albums I liked this year. (It's possible that not all of them came out this year, but most probably did.)

Magic - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - I really liked the whole thing, which is the first time I can say that about the Boss since "Born In The USA"

"1-2-3-4" - Feist - Inescapable, but probably the single thing I liked most in 2007, even when I started hearing it in Lowe's. (Over the years, I've found that no matter how "alternative" you are, if you make the Muzak, it's all over for you.)

"Munich" - The Editors - Another band that wants to be Joy Division, but I enjoyed this much more than anything that The Killers have done in their attempts.

Playing With Fire - Kevin Federline - What? It's funny shit. PANCAKES!

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Live At The Fillmore East - The first in the series of Neil's Archives, and a great show to boot.

Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer - Of Montreal - I went on a downloading kick with Of Montreal. This one's not quite as good as The Sunlandic Twins, but it's still way better than a lot of stuff out there.

Fear of A Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree - Yay prog metal!

Straight Outta Lynnwood - Weird Al Yankovic - Another high-quality album from Mr. Al.

"Give Thanks And Praises" - Bad Brains - The first song from their new album, which I still haven't gotten yet. Sounded good to me, a lot like the old stuff.

Dylan Hears A Who - Someone who sounds remarkably like Bob Dylan singing/reading Dr. Seuss to the tune of Dylan classics. Awesome.

And you can add me to the list of people who liked "Umbrella". It's a good song. Bite me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have bought the "Sad Clown Bad Summer EP" at the show.
Sooooo gooooood.

12/20/2007 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, of course, PANCAKES PANCAKES!

12/20/2007 6:41 AM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

I had just about enough money for the one Guinness I drank at that show. Otherwise I would have.

12/20/2007 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home