Wednesday, January 31, 2007

MTV's got a wrestling show.

And it kinda rocks, and kinda sucks. (Yes, I know MTV used to run Sunday Night Heat, but this is a show that they produce themselves.)

Wrestling Society X premiered this week. I have to say that I was both encouraged and discouraged all in the same half hour. The opening match was very acrobatic and impressive, even though I'd never heard of either participant(Matt Sydal and someone whose last name was Evans.) The Evans guy busted out a nasty 630 splash as a finisher, and other than some ridiculous overselling of non-injuries, it was a good match.

Unfortunately, I had heard of many of the participants in the other match. When you have to fill your roster with the guys WWE/TNA don't want/got rid of, it's pretty bad. Justin Credible, Vampiro, New Jack, Chris Hamrick, and 6-Pac (okay, can't you come up with anything better than that?) among others. Exploding fake-ass wired up steel cage boxes (or something). More garbage than a month's worth of old Thunder reruns. And the threat of 6-Pac or Vampiro as the WSX "champion".

Overall, I'll probably watch next week, but I'm not sure I'd watch beyond that. The camerawork was very annoying, and having Zack Wylde as guest commentator was more aggravating than anything else, plus the two morons that MTV hired to do commentary go Joey Styles way too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

Sounds about as dumb as I'd expect.
Perfect for Umaga, though. And Khali.
And Kenny Dykstra.
And...and...
Hmm. That list started small, and just kinda 'sploded in my head.

2/07/2007 7:02 AM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

I'm informed by my indie-loving associates that it gets better eventually. WSX didn't want MTV to run the pilot, apparently, because the newer eps are better. I'm going to find out later.

2/07/2007 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home