Thursday, January 04, 2007

2006 post-mortem continued...

I forgot about Criterion's Equinox DVD yesterday in my DVD's of the year. What a great title to get the Criterion treatment, especially given the involvement of Dennis Muren and the movie's influence on the Evil Dead films.

So, ported over from ITVR, my ten favorite albums of the year:

DJ BC - Wu Orleans (Great mashup album)

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage (Despite Thom's description of them as "saving the world one keyboard solo at a time", they were awesome at Ozzfest.)

Hatebreed - Supremacy (Also awesome at Ozzfest.)

Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere (Laura loves "Crazy" and the Femmes cover's awesome.)

Entropia - Funky Cops and Hard Boiled Girls (This was the bonus disc of the DVD of Stelvio Massi's The Last Round. It's a collection of 70's Italian action movie themes.)

Weird Al - Straight Outta Lynwood (Not as good as Poodle Hat, but not bad.)

Jack Johnson - Curious George OST (Cute movie, good album.)

Bob Dylan - Modern Times (Just plain great.)

Neil Young - Living With War (Recorded in two weeks, and Neil's probably at his angriest since Weld, and it's probably musically his hardest stuff since Mirrorball)

Morrissey - Ringleader of The Tormentors (Blind Guardian was originally here, but I think I liked the Morrissey album more. "You Have Killed Me", simply awesome.)

And the worst, but most guiltily entertaining album of the year? I am ashamed to admit that I actually downloaded the K-Fed album, though I did it on the strength of this BWE article, which made it a must to hear for me.

PANCAKES, PANCAKES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home