Monday, September 18, 2006

Hey, I'm back.

All right. So I've missed a few months. Been busy not getting divorced and changing jobs. But that's for the LJ and not for here, so anyway, here's a few random things from the last few days.

- I watched about two-thirds of Hard Candy, which streets tomorrow. Lot of hype around it, but I really didn't find it all that spectacular. Instead, it struck me as being a watered down, Americanized version of Audition, but about pedophilia. Part of the problem I had with it, I think, is that neither lead character is particularly sympathetic, and for much of the movie, you're sympathizing with the possible pedophile, because the Ellen Page character is obviously short a few screws. Plus there are a few large plot holes, and the whole thing's a little too contrived for its own good.

- Too much new TV, not enough time to watch it all. I've got the first two episodes of House, the first three episodes of Bones, and tomorrow, I'll be picking up Standoff. Plus CSI starts this week, as does Law and Order. My DVR is going to be getting quite the workout, particularly since the baseball playoffs are almost here.

- Nothing will be said about the Eagles' complete collapse yesterday. It didn't happen.

- Watched PPV last night. It was solidly mediocre, leaning bad, particularly with the spectacle of The Big Show's giant white ass. But there were a few good things amidst the blown spots and unfortunate lack of title belt changes, such as the TLC match between John Cena and Edge, but what good can you say about a show where the women's match was the second best match of the night. (Though the sight of Lita back together with the Hardyz, even if it was to torment them, was something I didn't expect to see any time soon.)

- Disappointed to find that Fox Soccer Channel has apparently abandoned the AFL and rugby telecasts. Thankfully, there's Bit Torrent. But even so, it kinda sucks.

- Oh, and thanks, Dave and Legg.

I'll be trying to post on a more regular basis, though NaNo is coming, and with the change in my work, I might not be able to. We'll have to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

The Eagles are not what they used to be; I blame it on Joe Walsh's rapidly-advancing age and the fact that Timothy B. Schmit looks more and more like a cross between Sissy Spacek and Skeletor EVERY TIME I see one of their live videos.

9/20/2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home