Sunday, January 01, 2006

So, yeah, uh, Happy New Year, and stuff...

I am officially out of house. For the last couple of months(and probably realistically for longer than that), I've been quietly drifting away from Laurene(the reasons are mostly financial and intimacy-related), and I met someone else. For a while, it seemed like nothing was going to happen between me and Carolyn, but then it just became a freight train.

Big fight Monday night, which led to me being backed into a corner, which led to me telling them about Carolyn, which led to me being kicked out on my ass.

Everyone's mad at me, which, frankly, makes perfect sense, since I've made a horrific mess of things.

In time, everything will calm down, but right now, Thom and Erica, my friends who have both gone through this(and Carolyn, of course), are about the only people who're talking to me.

I've been called a bum, selfish, a bad person, and I'm willing to accept all of those things because everyone who's saying these things can't understand the situation that I'm in. Funny thing is, the people who've had divorce in their lives are the ones who understand where I'm at, and why I'm doing this, and are being rational about all of this.

Laurene has let me see Laura, which is very nice of her, things being what they are, but obviously, it's going to be tough.

In time, when emotion subsides a little, I think people will be better about this, but right now, it's a bit raw.

2 Comments:

Blogger RevSeekingWisdom said...

Jon,

I knew something was up given the cryptic postings you have had lately. So I wasn't too surprised to read about your separation. I certainly wish you the best and offer no judgment at all. I have toyed with giving you advice, but figure you have heard enough of that too. So what to say?......I wish you the best and hope that you find real happiness. And that I hope you continue to be there for your daughter, not matter what the tension is like between Laurene and you. Okay there was a little bit of advice there--I'll stop. If you need anything, give me a holler. Diana and I wish you the very best as this year unfolds.

1/02/2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about what as happened. I hope everything works out and most of all everyone has Laura's best interest's in mind. Keep your head up buddy-

-Dion

1/04/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home