Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Well, I'm back.

I suppose so, anyway. Not that anyone's particularly missed me, or commented to that effect.

I got burned out on blogging to an extent, and the problems of the real world overwhelmed any desire to sit down and recount them here.

But it's been four months and two days since I blogged, and I figured I might as well at least try to write something. So, here I am. As you can see, if you used to read me, the blog title has changed, and so has the look. It may change again, since I'm not too sure how well it's going to work.

So what's been going on? Well, a lot.

I lost my job. Basically, the company I worked for as a vendor(in a certain national home improvement chain whose employees all wear orange) let me go because of a change in the client's vision of what vendors should do. In short, I got hosed. But I did get a nice severance package out of it, so that was nice, while it lasted. Unfortunately, now I'm looking for work, and not having much luck of it. (Too many of us looking for the same jobs, I think.)

We moved. Thom and Erica sold their house, and my father-in-law built an extension on his house for us. If you look a half dozen posts down or so, you'll see some optimistic comments about moving by mid/late April. That didn't happen, because my father-in-law hired the worst contractor in the history of the universe. As a result, we finally moved into our house the first week of FUCKING JULY. It was not a fun experience, though compared to Thom and Erica's issues getting the house sold, we had a walk in the park.

Those were the big things, though there were a lot of lesser things that have happened this summer, such as simultaneously getting sunburnt and poured upon at Ozzfest.

Hopefully, I'm going to post a bit more regularly, though I did say that back in April. This time, I mean it. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home