Saturday, January 15, 2005

Random thoughts.

*Disclaimer - I really do care about the Tsunami and its victims, and I have donated to the Red Cross*

Do I go to hell for making sport of the Tsunami telethon tonight? Don't get me wrong, it's a terrible thing, but at the same time, how could I not mention the inherent amusement factor here? Madonna singing a slightly off-key rendition of "Imagine". The idea of Stevie Wonder taking phone calls for donations. The sight of Quentin Tarantino and Robert Downey sitting next to each other on the phone bank. Affleck, bearded and solemn. Roger Waters and Eric Clapton playing possibly the worst version of "Wish You Were Here" ever(not Clapton's fault though.) Renee Zellweger looks terrible with dark hair. Oh, and Diana Ross, very scary Diana Ross.

But if they raise a lot of money, then hey, it's a good thing.

--------------------

I can't believe that Doug Bryan missed two field goals in about two minutes. I was hoping for Jets/Patriots next weekend. Oh well. Go Pats~!

--------------------

Anyone miss the NHL anymore?

*crickets*

Guess not. USA Today on Thursday had a story that said that the NHL's merch sales were down 68% in December(or thereabouts) and the percentage of sports fans who said they followed the NHL was down to like 28%. I guess NASCAR must really be the number 4 sport now.

--------------------

Haven't really watched anything lately, as I've been spending too much time at a few certain web sites. I got made a moderator at one of them, so I've been spending a lot of time at that site. I find myself just turning on VH1 Classic and letting it play, or else just listening to MP3s. I have so many movies to watch, but I never do. Maybe in the month and a half between football and baseball I'll catch up, since there's no hockey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

I wonder if this means the retro jerseys will get cheaper.
Christ, I've become a scavenger amongst the dead.
Go Wolf Pack.
-Guthrie

1/18/2005 7:29 AM  
Blogger Mat said...

I miss the NHL. I have nothing to watch on Network TV from February-August. Thank Grodd for the Six Nations and Super 12.

1/19/2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home