Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Paul Giamatti gets screwed...

Well, the Oscar nominations came out today. Much of it was expected, though I was surprised that Jamie Foxx got two seperate nominations(Best Actor for "Ray" which he'll probably win, and Best Supporting for "Collateral"). I was also surprised that Liberal Hollywood ignored "Farenheit 9/11" completely, and equally surprised that "The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre" only got nominated for a few lesser awards(Cinematography, Makeup, Best Score).

But the worst thing of all is that Paul Giamatti got left out of the Best Actor nominations. I mean, come on, Clint Eastwood's already up for Best Director for "Million Dollar Baby", did he really need an Actor nom also?

Oh, wait, I forgot, Sideways is a COMEDY. Perish the thought of a comedic actor winning a Best Actor award. Not that I don't expect Jamie Foxx to win the award for "Ray" anyway, but it would have been nice to honor Giamatti anyway. I was also glad to see that Don Cheadle got nominated for "Hotel Rwanda", even though it got shut out of the Best Picture race.

Oh well, another year for the Oscars to annoy me to no end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon M. said...

I still care about them. (That's part of my thing, you know.)

And ten to twenty years from now, Paul Giamatti will probably get an Oscar for some less than spectacular movie to make up for not even gettting nominated for two great movies two years in a row.

1/25/2005 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They shouldn't even HAVE Oscars this year, what with the tsunami and all.

1/27/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

Oh, come on. You're not gonna start that HERE too, are you? Bad enough you're after the Super Bowl.

1/27/2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Why Shaun of the Dead was not nominated for Best Picture, I'll never know.

(kidding)

Paul Giamatti's always been one of my favorite actors, all the way back to when he was Pig Vomit in Howard Stern's Private Parts. I always try to catch movies that he's in. I was VERY disappointed when he didn't get the Best Actor Nod for American Splendor last year, and while I haven't seen Sideways (Jon, got a copy? Hook a brotha up if you do) I've heard nothing but great things.

1/29/2005 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home