Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas~!

Unless something dramatic happens tonight, I won't be posting tomorrow, so Merry Christmas to all. Hopefully, you get what you want~!

My ten favorite Christmas songs of all time. After number one, they're in no particular order, but number one is my favorite one ever.

1. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses - Until I hear this song, it isn't Christmas, and I didn't hear this one until late. Yeah, it's dated(and what oldie that they dust off for the holiday isn't?), but it's a great slice of new wave with a great chorus.

Harry Connick Jr. - It Must Have Been Ol' Santa Claus

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - I Believe In Father Christmas - There are a couple of versions of this out there. I like the one that ends quietly, without the bombastic choir.

Bob Rivers - I Am Santa Claus

Billy Squier - Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You

Dave Matthews - Christmas Song

The Whirling Dervishes - You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - For the longest time, I thought this was Oingo Boingo.

Vince Guaraldi - Oh Christmas Tree

The Kinks - Father Christmas

Keith Richards - Run Rudolph Run

I'll admit to being somewhat sentimental and that I enjoy the traditional stuff too, but these are the songs I want to hear most at this time of year. (Though I'm also a sucker for the Carpenters.)

---------------------

See you next week. Top Ten Albums of the year, and some real content, maybe.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mat said...

Rob Rivers is related to Hillside

1/04/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

You're kidding. Really?

1/04/2005 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home