Sunday, October 17, 2004

Why I love VH-1Classic, part 1323...

The last four songs they've played in the All-Request show:

TLC - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Urban Dance Squad - Deeper Shade of Soul(whatever happened to these guys, anyway? Their album came out when I was in college, and I remember playing it on my radio show. Seems to me they were European, but their hip-hop/funk/rock video suggests a laid-back Venice Beach vibe.)
3rd Bass - Pop Goes The Weasel - Rollins as Vanilla Ice. Nuff said.
The KLF - 3 A.M. Eternal

And now they're playing The Power Station's version of Bang a Gong. They're seriously trying to keep me from watching the ball game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

UDS were Dutch, mostly. Their second record, Brainbloodvolume, fronted up and flattened out in 1993 or 1994. There was one great single, "Demagogue."
My ninja commando party band for 10/30 is playing Bang A Gong...yes, THAT version.
Pop-pop goes the weasel, the weasel...pop goes the weasel 'cause the weasel goes pop!

10/19/2004 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home