Thursday, October 28, 2004

So, the world didn't end.

And as of a little while ago, Boston wasn't burning.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and their long suffering fans. But to you, I say enjoy it while you can. 15 free agents, including Pedro, Varitek, and Orlando Cabrera means that this Sox team will not be the same next year.

Surprised to see Manny win the MVP, though I'm not sure what his stats were. Not bad for a guy that was persona non grata in Boston 10 months ago.

So now the great misery goes to the Cubs, I guess, though I think the Indians are now the longest non-winners in the American League.

------------------

Quit my job at the video store. Regular readers will remember my initial misgivings about the manager who replaced my old boss. Well, they turned out to be right. We never really got along, mostly because we didn't see things eye to eye in the store. Plus I wasn't her manager, I came with the store, and I think she wanted to hire her own people. I don't have anything else at the moment, though I have a few feelers out. I figure I can go a week or two with one check only, but I'll need to get something soon.

------------------

A very strange boxing and murder story here. And of course, the first thing I thought when I saw this in the paper was "Isn't that the guy who suckerpunched his opponent after a 9/11 charity fight?"

------------------

Getting closer to November 1, and getting itchy to start the novel. Come on, November 1~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home