Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Dodging the bullet with a burst of maturity.

Ken, you were correct. I did not do anything rash, had a constructive conversation with my district manager, and I am staying at the store for the time being. I realized that it was immature of me to just say "Fuck That", particularly at the cost of $200 a week in bill money with no other job immediately lined up. Plus I subsequently found out that the comment made about me was actually not made about me specifically and had been re-worded for dramatic effect. So that bullet was dodged.

So here are a few brief random thoughts on a Wednesday night...

Who riots at a Dave Matthews concert? Seriously, I went to Ozzfest, where suburban agression is celebrated, and did we riot? No. I mean, come on, was the weed bad or something? Did someone dent the Volvo or SUV? It's Dave Matthews, for Christ's sake. Smoke another bowl and calm the fuck down.

Speaking of Ozzfest, if you read my other post about it and you're curious to see what a "Wall of Death" looks like, you can see the footage from the show I went to here. I'm in a crowd of people being shoved offscreen to the right.

The clutter project continues with no sign of abatement. I've burned 22 CD's worth of MP3's and I still haven't even scratched the surface of what's on the hard drive. Damn you, Supernova and Soulseek~!

Better content tomorrow, maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maestroken said...

Whew, I'm quite relieved.
Frustration can usually bring on rash decisions like that of which hindsight can become 20-20.
Glad to hear the words weren't directed towards you as well.

7/22/2004 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home