Thursday, June 24, 2004

A few things I've figured out during the great clutter project.

I have too much damn music. All told, I've got around 8900 Mp3's on my computer, which equals about 37 gigs.

In addition, I've got too much music I'll probably never listen to again. But in the interest of completeness, and of that "I might still listen to it someday" thing, I retain all the files.

And I have too many movies. This is being reduced, but I've still got way more movies then I'm going to watch under current conditions.

That said, things may change very quickly. My boss at the video store, the only manager I've worked for in the company, is leaving. And things are changing. We have always been sort of the rogue Tommy K's store, believing that customer service is more important then following office rules. But with Mark leaving, the office has apparently decided that they're going to take the opportunity to rein us back in again. As a result, pending the decision of one particular person, my days are probably numbered at Tommy K's.

This is good and bad.

It's good because I'll have more time to be home with Laura and Laurene, and good because maybe I'll finally get down to doing some of the things that I wanted to get done, such as the clutter project, and maybe get back to work on my novel.

It's bad, because it was a good $200 check every week, and $800 a month is going to be tough to replace. So I'm deciding what I ought to do now. There is an arthouse video store near me. I might go and see if they're hiring, but I have a feeling I'm not artsy enough for them, as their staff seems to be made up of local musicians, writers, filmmakers and artists. I was going to look into getting transferred, but our DM seems to have torched that idea right out of the gate.

Hmmmph. Oh well, back to the clutter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

Sorry, Muggs.
And it's "customer service is more important THAN following office rules."

6/24/2004 3:30 PM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

Yes, John Bradshaw Guthrie. Thanks.

(bastard)

6/24/2004 4:32 PM  
Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

I only do it for your own good, Muggs. Someday, you'll thank me.
Well, that or I'll pinch you 'til you cry.

6/25/2004 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home