Friday, June 18, 2004

As requested, the Muggleton Asian Cinema Collection.

The Stormriders
Volcano High
BR I and II
Once A Thief(U.S. Release)
Bullet In The Head (Tai Seng version)
Lady Snowblood - 70's old school action - an inspiration for Kill Bill
Fist of Legend
Ju-On (Original TV version, not the theatrical remake)
Fulltime Killer
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Seven Samurai (Criterion)
Throne Of Blood (Criterion)
Stray Dog (Criterion)
Tokyo Raiders
Shiri
Dead Or Alive (US Release)- Miike
SilverHawk - Campy action with Michelle Yeoh
Fudoh: The New Generation - Miike
Suicide Club (US Release)
Visitor Q - Miike
Ichi The Killer - Miike
Azumi (Purchased, like Silverhawk, through a certain gray market dealer who will go unmentioned here.)
The Eye
Once Upon A Time In China 1-3 (US release)
Legend Of The Drunken Master (US Release)
The Accidental Spy (HK Release)
Hero (HK release) - Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Zhang Ziyi - coming to US theaters in August (Maybe.)
Junk (US Release)
Ringu (US Release)
Evil Dead Trap - '80's Japanese Horror
Black Mask
Organ - freaky '90's Japanese Horror (very disgusting)
Riki Oh: The Story Of Ricky
Tell Me Something - Korean serial killer movie, very good stuff.
Eastern Condors
Duel To The Death
Knockabout - Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao - good early 80's acrobatic stuff.
Project A
Virus - US/Japanese coproduction from the director of BR.

Soon to be added - Versus, Sky High (also from Kitamura), Happiness of The Katakuris, and more Kurosawa.

I also have about a dozen or so kaiju films, mostly 90's stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hey, and I counter with this, although the majority of mine are Jackie Chan films

Drunken Master 1
Drunken Master 2 (The Legend of Drunken Master)
Black Dragon (formally called "Miracles")
The Accidental Spy
Who Am I?
Jackie Chan's First Strike
Rumble in the Bronx
Mr. Nice Guy
Battle Royale
Battle Royale: Special Edition
Battle Royale II
Azumi
Returner

And I ripped The Eye and Fulltime Killer (ANDY F'N LAU - go see Running Out of Time if you haven't already) to my hard drive, although I would like an actual DVD copy of those sometime.

So yeah, I need more! Jon, hook a brotha up! Although I'm really hesitant on seeing any Miike. I dunno why, I just am. Weird, huh?

6/19/2004 1:11 AM  
Blogger Jon M. said...

Well, Miike is somewhat of an acquired taste.

6/19/2004 11:34 AM  
Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

Rumble In The Bronx was the best martial-arts movie I'd ever seen, back when I first saw it.
It's still a favorite, too.
The only way to improve upon it would to give Muggs a role.
Picture him in the Anita Mui spot.
Makes me incontinent, I tell you.

6/19/2004 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home