Sunday, May 16, 2004

Wow...

Evidently, I didn't need to watch the PPV after all.

Though I do imagine that HBO will run this at some point, I'm glad that I didn't spent the $30 or $40 to buy the show. I'm surprised Jones lost, though I suspect that he'll be fighting again. I can't imagine he's going to go out like this. But, hey, HBO would be happy to put him on their commentary crew, I'm sure. I would also like to see the Zab Judah match on the undercard.(Again, if anyone out there has a tape they'd be willing to part with, my e-mail's in my profile.)

Another interesting story:

Vitaly Klitschko wants a rematch against the retired Lennox Lewis. My guess is that Vitaly would like to get a win over Lewis to legitimize his status as Heavyweight Champion since the division is somewhat weak right now. I can't honestly see Lewis unretiring, but I also can't see anyone in the division stepping up to fight Vitaly either. Klitschko may well turn into a pseudo-Tyson, fighting challengers below his level to keep the crown while waiting for someone to come down the pipe worth his time.

And then there's this. Trinidad has been looking for an opponent for a while, and was all set to fight Sugar Shane Mosley until Mosley ran into Winky Wright. Trinidad then was trying to get Wright, but Mosley invoked his rematch right, so now Trinidad's going up against Ricardo Mayorga. It should be a good fight, but not as good as Mosley or Wright.

Later tonight or tomorrow - Post-Judgement Day reactions(Don't expect anything good.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

I can't believe my cousin Roy lost, especially like that. Then again, I had trouble believing he was fighting at 175 (I saw the weigh-in on ESPN).
And, of course, FIRST.

5/16/2004 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home