Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Where is my mind?

Hey, another great Pixies link. This is from the Coachella festival, and it may be a better show then the previously linked reunion show.

No blog yesterday because I was too busy ordering a new computer from Dell. Nice system, that. You pick the components you want and they build it for you. I probably wouldn't have gone for the Dell, except for the fact that they were nice enough to give me credit.(Fools~!) Here are the specs:

Dell Dimension 8300 Series Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology 3GHz w/800MHz FSB Memory 512MB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz (2x256M)
Keyboard Dell ® Quietkey ® Keyboard
Video Card New 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI
Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Floppy Drive and Additional Storage Devices 3.5 in Floppy Drive and 64MB Dell USB Memory Key
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Mouse Dell™ Optical USB Mouse
Network Interface Integrated Intel® PRO 10/100 Ethernet
Modem 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem
CD orDVD Drive Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 8x DVD+RW Drive
Sound Card Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (D) Card with Dolby® Digital 5.1 capability Productivity Software Productivity Pack with WordPerfect® and Microsoft® Money Standard
Security Software Norton Internet Security™, 90 day trial
Digital Music Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
Digital Photography Dell Picture Studio, Paint Shop Pro Trial, Photo Album Starter Edition
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 1 Year Limited Warranty plus 1 Year At-Home Service
Dell Media Experience Dell Media Experience™

Dell had a sale on their site, 20% off desktops, so I figured I'd go for it. I initially looked at their Media Center PC line, but I'm not gonna hook the PC up to my cable box, and it seemed like a lot more bells and whistles then I needed for about $500 more than I ended up spending.


Smackdown spoilers read as pretty dire, particularly going into the PPV this weekend. On the other hand, I'll be missing Jones/Tarver, which is Saturday night on PPV(unless someone wants to hook me up with a tape, of course.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

I am Un Chien Andalusia. And I am FIRST.
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground...

5/13/2004 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home