Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Forgot my material for the evening.

I was going to do a bit about the somewhat ridiculous Blender 50 Worst Songs list, but I left my Blender at work, so that's out the window, save for the observation that someone at Blender's on the crack pipe.

Instead, a bit of random hit stuff:

In the midst of a rip/burn project much like MaestroKen. I've ripped something like 100 CDs so far and haven't yet scratched the surface of all the stuff in my collection. I did make a saweeet MP3 cd for my car with seven Blind Guardian CD's and four of the five Orange Goblin CDs. (Brendan informs me that I didn't get the first one from him.) I have yet to get through the Zappa CDs. I figure that'll be 6 or 7 MP3 CD's worth of material in themselves.

Thinking about a DVD burner for my computer. There are some good crack and shrink programs out there, and I don't necessarily need all these DVD's with crappy packaging and no liner notes. (Paramount and Warner are particularly egregious when it comes to this sort of thing.) So I figure I can rip, burn and sell. Dell loves me at the moment credit-wise, so perhaps a purchase is in order.

Picked up the new Prince CD last weekend. Musicology is a nice return to form for the Purple Wonder, who has mellowed out a great deal, apparently. He's a Witness now, and happily married, and the new album seems to reflect a much less sexual Prince, if nothing else. The best tracks on the album are the title track, sort of a "Sweet Soul Music" for the new generation in which Prince raves about Earth Wind and Fire and Jam Master Jay, and "Cinnamon Girl"(not a Neil Young cover), a rocker about a multi-racial girl in the post 9/11 world. You could certainly do worse then picking up this CD.

ENOUGH WITH THE JAY-Z MIXES ALREADY~! i admit that I've downloaded all of them, from the Double Black Album (Jay-Z/Metallica) to the Slack Album (Jay-Z/Pavement). But can we please pick someone else to direct all this wonderful creative remixing energy towards? (not that I have any ideas who could be next, but come on already.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home