Sunday, March 21, 2004

Man, I feel old.

Game Show Network, or GSN, as they want us to call them now, is showing a history of video games right now, and it makes me feel old, seeing the Intellivision and remembering when it was new and cool. Between that and a day spent at work listening to the New Wave Flashback channel is making me feel about a million years old. Feh.

GSN, by the way, is looking to alienate it's core audience by de-emphasizing the old shows in favor of stuff like televised blackjack and reruns of Celebrity Mole. Part of the attraction, for me anyway, has always been the cheesy old 70's and 80's game shows, the Press Your Lucks, Match Games, and Joker's Wilds, and I think GSN is making a mistake by trying to become the Spike TV of game shows.

Dawn of the Dead took out The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre this weekend. I've seen neither, though I will probably be taking in JCM before too long. I've been told by several people around me that the remake kicks ass, but I have a preference for slow, shambling Romero/Fulci zombies as opposed to the Bruno Mattei/28 Days Later/House of the Dead superspeed zombies. But then I'm wary of horror remakes in general, particularly when they're picking on an old favorite. I have a copy of the Texas Chainsaw remake sitting on top of my DVD player, but I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent about putting it in. Maybe tomorrow. Plus, they're gonna remake The Hills Have Eyes, and possibly Pet Sematary and Last House On The Left. Bleagh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home